How do we exorcise the pain of loss? The Necessary Stage revisits 2 early works from its repertoire to explore the ways we deal with loss and how we rise above it.
In untitled women number one, two women talk about their relationships, their past and future. Featuring Edith Podesta and Ethel Yap, the play looks at the notions of pain, death and interdependence, drawing from stories about gender, sexuality and womanhood.
untitled cow number one is about the journey of a widowed cow through 12 days of mourning. Performed by Sharda Harrison and Bani Haykal, the play is influenced by Hindu and Buddhist texts, images and myths, and incorporates physical movement and soundscape.
Both plays have toured successfully to the Macau International Fringe Festival (2000), the Asian Theatre Festival in Busan (2002) and the National Theatre Festival in New Delhi (2003).
- Alvin Tan
- Haresh Sharma
- Performed By
- Edith Podesta
- Lighting Designer
- Adrian Tan
- Sound Designer
- Bani Haykal
- Production Designer
- Mohd Fared Jainal
- Production Stage Manager
- Azyyati Alias
- Assistant Stage Manager
- Chee Mei Rong
- Kai Sundermann
- 03 Jan 2015
- The Muse SG - Celebrate the New Year at M1 Fringe Festival 2015
- 11 Jan 2015
- Business Times - Fabulous Fringe
- 14 Jan 2015
- Time Out Singapore - Art and Loss at the M1 Fringe Festival
- 24 Jan 2015
- TODAY - Restaged works in the spotlight
- 27 Jan 2015
- TODAY's For Art's Sake Blog - S’pore Fringe Fest 2015 - Untitled Women passing through
- 28 Jan 2015
- Centre 42 - UNTITLED WOMEN by The Necessary Stage
- 28 Jan 2015
- The Straits Times Life! - Hanging in world of grief
- 10 Feb 2015
- The Flying Inkpot - untitled women by The Necessary Stage
Part of the M1 Singapore Fringe Festival 2015.
Project Serial Number: 201501