2016 - Singapore
Best Of (His Story)
In 2013, award-winning actress Siti Khalijah Zainal brought The Necessary Stage's Best Of to life, playing the role of a young Malay Muslim woman going through divorce.
Now, accomplished TV and stage actor Sani Hussin takes the stage as the husband to share his side of the story in Best Of (His Story), written by Haresh Sharma and directed by Alvin Tan.
What happens when the estranged couple reunite at the Syariah court? What does he say to a wife seeking divorce? What can he say?
How would this change his view of what “home” means?
Just as his wife had shared her day with the audience, he offers us a glimpse into a day in his life, his past, his dreams... and his beliefs.
He too is not a stereotype. But after today, he may well be a statistic.
- Alvin Tan
- Haresh Sharma
- Sani Hussin
- Set Designer
- Vincent Lim
- Lighting Designer
- Gabriel Chan
- Production Stage Manager
- Azyyati Alias
- Assistant Stage Manager
- Brenda Lum Jia Yi
- Lighting Operator
- Fiona Lim
- Production Interns
- Nur Izyan Binte Iliyas
Shazwaani Binte Mohamad Sha'ari
- 17 Oct 2016
- 161017 - ST Life - See divorce from a man's view
- 19 Oct 2016
- 161019 - Bakchormeeboy - Preview and Interview - Best Of His Story by The Necessary Stage
- 21 Oct 2016
- 161021 - Berita Harian - Gah! Monolog soal penceraian dari pandangan lelaki
- 25 Oct 2016
- 161025 - TODAY - The Necessary Stage takes on Gender Issues in the Malay-Muslim Community
- 11 Nov 2016
- 161111 - ST Life - Art Picks - Best Of (His Story), Art Day Out and more
- 04 Nov 2016
- 161104 - ST Life - Hard to appreciate divorcee's inner turmoil
- 05 Nov 2016
- 161105 - The Business Times - A divorcee tells his story
- 07 Nov 2016
- 161107 - Crystal Words - Best Of (His Story)
- 16 Nov 2016
- 161115 - MiniMonkeyMuse - Best Of (His Story)
- 17 Nov 2016
- 161117 - Thoughts of Real Singaporeans - Best of (His Story) – The other side of the story – THOUGHTS OF REAL SINGAPOREANS